Holiday in Somerset
Somerset is the holiday destination that has it all, from the stunning natural cliffs, caves and countryside of Cheddar, to the beautiful seven-mile stretch of sandy beaches from Burnham-on-Sea to Brean.
The world-famous Glastonbury, known for its mythological associations is the perfect place for walkers, while history-lovers will appreciate the medieval Wells Cathedral and Roman Baths. Classic literature fans should visit the Jane Austen centre, and families with children of all ages can enjoy a full day out at Wookey Hole, with its spectacular show caves, fascinating museums and variety of other attractions.
Somerset Holiday Reviews
Cheddar is a fantastic find! With shops, tea rooms, and restaurants, it’s the best place to try the famous cheese, and the gorge is simply stunning – watch out for the wild goats!
The Mendips are certainly worth exploring! Plenty of walks of varying distances and some amazing landscapes to enjoy with tea and cake or a glass of Somerset cider.
Eco Lodges in Somerset
Strawberryfield Park offers a beautiful selection of luxury eco-lodges in Somerset, each with its own private jacuzzi hot tub and surrounding countryside views. Ideally positioned in a tranquil setting with a nearby orchard for quiet picnics and stunning countryside walks, it's also not far from sandy beaches and local attractions.
Holiday Cottages in Somerset
Dillington Estate comprises two beautifully renovated Grade II listed cottages surrounded by 2,500 acres of parkland. Offering the perfect blend of historic style and modern convenience with nearby woodlands, rustic 16th-century pubs, vegetarian hot spots and scenic landscapes such as the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Somerset Levels.
Glamping Pods in Somerset
Home Farm Holiday Park is a resort close to the sandy beaches of Burnham-on-Sea offering these amazing brand new glamping pods and a choice of comfortable caravans. The superb resort has indoor and outdoor swimming pools, an on-site restaurant and bar plus live entertainment and a well-equipped leisure centre and children's playgrounds.
Situated in the South West of England, Somerset is the perfect destination for UK holiday cottage breaks with family and friends. The county is home to some stunning scenery and areas of outstanding natural beauty. The Mendips are known for the impressive Crooks Peak Ridge and the famous town of Cheddar, while the Quantock Hills offer plenty of routes for bike rides, beaches for fossil hunting and picturesque fields of heather for wandering through. Plus don’t forget about Exmoor National Park, with its ponies and the highest cliffs in England near Combe Martin. The location for possibly the most famous festival in the world, the town of Glastonbury is certainly worth a visit. Hike up to the iconic Tor for the most glorious views of the Somerset countryside, and wander around the mystical high street to discover some of the area’s myths and legends. No trip to Somerset would be complete without sampling some delicious cider or tasty Cheddar cheese, and the Clarks Village shopping outlet is the place to go for designer bargains.
Things to do in Somerset
Discover the beautifully illuminated underground show caves at Cheddar Gorge, named as the second greatest natural wonder in Britain.
Wookey Hole has with something for everyone, with so much to see, from stunning illuminated show caves to museums and shows.
The Roman Baths is an ancient religious spa with its original temple, sacred spring and a fascinating museum with an incredible two thousand years of history.
Weston-super-Mare is a traditional seaside resort with sandy beaches, a big wheel for amazing sea views and a fantastic brand new pier full of attractions.
5 Reasons to Book a Holiday in Somerset
1. For awe-inspiring views, walk up Glastonbury Tor or climb Jacob's Ladder and then follow the walking trails at the iconic Cheddar Gorge before exploring the amazing illuminated underground show caves.
2. If you love the great outdoors, then you’ll enjoy exploring The Mendips, The Quantocks and Exmoor National Park on foot for amazing countryside scenery and cleanest and clearest fresh air.
3. For history lovers and anyone looking for the ultimate in pampering and relaxation, the ancient Roman Baths and incredible rooftop Thermae Bath Spa are quite simply unmissable.
4. Somerset is the perfect destination for families and anyone young at heart with amazing attractions at Wookey Hole, Brean Sands and Weston-super-Mare with its annual sand sculpture festival.
5. Somerset is home to several beautiful beaches at Minehead, Brean and Sand Point, to name just three, with long stretches of golden sands and wonderful distant sea views for calming peace of mind.