Holiday in Derbyshire
Derbyshire and the Peak District National Park are truly beautiful parts of the UK with their rolling hills and stunning countryside. Derbyshire holidays also offer an interesting mix of historic attractions and picturesque towns alongside fun family theme parks, making it the perfect choice for families, couples or solo travellers. Cycling, water sports and horse-riding enthusiasts will appreciate the surrounding natural environment and keen walkers should not miss beauty spots such as Dovedale or Eccles Pike. A holiday in Matlock is ideal for visits to attractions such as Alton Towers or Kedleston Hall and the surrounding area has some of the most picturesque walking routes in the Peak District.
Peak District Holiday Park
Ashbourne Heights offers a wide range of accommodation including lodges, luxury caravans, a glamping pod and safari lodge tents with an on-site heated indoor swimming pool and children’s outdoor play area. Ideally situated in the countryside and set high in an elevated position for breath-taking views of the Peak District National Park.
Derbyshire is located in the East Midlands of England and contains much of the Peak District National Park and the southern extremity of the Pennine range of hills. The main towns in this county are Derby, Ashbourne, Matlock, Bakewell and Chesterfield. The areas boast many charms which include a large number of historic attractions, picturesque towns and villages and fun family amusements. Derby has an interesting variety of vibrant cultural and arts venues and it's a great place for browsing the shops thanks to the pedestrianised city centre. Derby's Arboretum was the first public park in the UK, opened in 1840. Today Derbyshire is an ideal holiday destination with a broad variety of holiday accommodation available including eco-lodges and log cabins.
THINGS TO DO IN DERBYSHIRE
A two-million-year-old natural limestone cave, Poole's Cavern is an all-weather attraction in Buxton in the Peak District.
One of the country's best-loved theme parks, Alton Towers has rollercoasters, thrill rides, dungeon, 'Scarefest' and more.
Heights of Abraham
The Heights of Abraham is a hilltop park reachable by cable car, with show cavern tours, walking trails and fossil exhibitions.
Families with children from two to teens will love Gulliver's Kingdom Theme Park with its rides, play area, log flume and tower.
5 Reasons to Book a Holiday in Derbyshire
1. The Peak District National Park offers around 555 square miles of hiking trails, climbing, caving, horse riding and water sports.
2. A Derbyshire holiday is ideal for anyone who loves theme parks as it's the home of Alton Towers and Gulliver's Kingdom, both filled with amazing rides.
3. Discover Bolsover Castle, the fairy tale 17th-century castle, and Kedleston Hall, the English country house with opulent interiors and stunning gardens.
4. Explore Chatsworth House, the stately home with a Victorian rock garden, children's woodland playground and daily tours, activities and talks.
5. If you love the countryside and want a pet-friendly break then a Derbyshire holiday is an ideal choice for a rural retreat.