Trevella Holiday Park Booking Conditions
Holiday Bookings Terms and Conditions
1. Please read these conditions carefully. In making a booking you warrant that you are 21 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
Our holidays have been designed with families and couples in mind. Therefore bookings by persons 21 years of age or under are not accepted unless they are a family booking. There may also be restrictions on bookings for ‘Single groups’ consisting of all male or female single people. However we may apply discretion in certain circumstances and request that you contact the park to discuss before booking. The other exception will be where specific sports and leisure groups have been pre-booked. We therefore reserve the right to retain the keys to the accommodation if this condition is contravened. We also reserve the right to terminate a booking where we feel the comfort of our guests may be put at risk.
2. Your contract will be with “the Company”, Trevella Caravan Company Limited (Co. Reg. No. 00639150), the owner of the accommodation. The contract is subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts within England and Wales. All terms are either per week (Friday to Friday/Saturday to Saturday and Monday to Monday), per short break (start date Monday or Friday) for the accommodation as equipped and described or per night in the case of camping and touring pitches.
3. The usual check-in time is 4.00pm for Holiday Homes (subject to unavoidable delays). We ask that you vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on your day of departure. Guests arriving early are welcome to check in and enjoy the Park facilities until their accommodation is ready.
If you expect to arrive after 6.00pm please let the Park know to arrange key collection. For non-arrivals unless the Park is previously notified, accommodation unclaimed by 8.00am on the day following your holiday start date will be treated as a cancelled booking and the accommodation may be re-let. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
4. Our prices and charges shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend the VAT element of our pricing in the event of any government changes in VAT. Additional supplements may apply such as cots, pets etc. We guarantee that once you have made your booking and paid a deposit we will not increase your holiday price unless you make a change to your booking.
5. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
The Holiday Contract
6. Making a Booking – Conditions of Booking
The person who books the holiday by telephone, Internet or a third party representative will be accepting the booking conditions on behalf of the holiday party. A contract between you and Trevella will come into existence.
If you have made your booking by telephone. We will give you a booking reference number. You will also receive email confirmation confirming your reservation, payment success and completion of your booking.
If you have booked online over the Internet. We will tell you over the Internet that you’re booking is confirmed by giving a booking reference number. You will also receive email confirmation confirming your reservation, payment success and completion of your booking.
The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking. We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests. In this event no refunds will be made.
For May Half Term and the school summer holidays, bookings can only be accepted for a Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday for a minimum of 7 nights.
Use of your holiday home
Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made.
As per government legislation it is illegal to smoke inside enclosed public buildings in England, Wales and Scotland. Outside smoking areas will be provided. All of our accommodation is non-smoking but we cannot guarantee smoke free accommodation, or any holiday home to be allergy free.
Number in Your Party
7. The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us.
8. When you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested or you can pay in full to confirm your holiday booking. For Flex and Saver bookings and payments, please see section 4.
Please keep your final confirmation safe as you must present this on arrival at your Park. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation. Bookings made within 10 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Changes by You
9. Once a booking has been confirmed by us, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced then, if we accept this change, an administration fee of £20.00 incl. VAT will be charged. Up to 10 weeks before your holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one at the same park as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing that you pay the administration fee and any outstanding balance. Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
Cancellation by You – the following does not apply if you have booked a Saver or a Flex priced holiday, see section 4 for details
10. It may be necessary to cancel your holiday due to illness, accident or change of circumstances. If you have taken out our cancellation plan, payments arising from cancellation may be covered as detailed below. As soon as you know you need to cancel, you must confirm the cancellation by writing to our Customer Services Team via email to email@example.com
The email must be signed (where possible) by the person who made the booking or their travel agent. If you have not taken out our cancellation plan, cancellation charges are calculated as per the table below.
If you have not arrived by 8am on the morning after your break was due to commence or contacted the Park concerned to confirm when you will arrive, we will assume that the break is cancelled and the total holiday cost including the Cancellation Plan, fees and postal charge will be forfeited.
Length of time Cancellation charge
70 days or more Deposit* plus fees
43-69 days 30% of holiday cost*
29-42 days 50% of holiday cost*
8-28 days 90% of holiday cost*
7 days or less 100% of holiday cost*
*Plus Cancellation Plan premium, fees and postal charge.
^ Or £50 deposit, whichever is the greater value.
If the Cancellation Plan is not taken out at the time of booking, we recommend you make your own arrangements Please note the sliding scale of monies payable, under Conditions of Booking, should you not participate in the Cancellation Plan.
Cancellation by Us
11. We always endeavour not to change the date or cancel your booking, but in exceptional circumstances this may be necessary. We will inform you of the change of date or cancellation as soon as possible and give you the following options:
a. accept the alternative arrangements as notified to you
b. choose another available break from us at the advertised price
c. cancel your holiday with a full refund of any money you have paid.
We do not pay compensation in circumstances where we have to cancel your booking including those arising from *force majeure.
*Force majeure means circumstances beyond our control including (but not limited to) industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, bad weather and acts of government.
Linen and Towels
13. (In our accommodation) Except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Towels are only provided in Superior Holiday Homes and Lodges, there will be enough for the number of guests booked.
Entertainment, Activities and Facilities
14. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control. Opening times may be limited outside the main holiday season. Certain facilities and activities are subject to an additional cost. Certain facilities have age restrictions. Some facilities may be restricted to peak periods only, please check at the time of booking. Payment for use of these facilities can be made at the Park Reception on request. In accordance with UK licensing laws, we can only sell alcohol to persons aged 18 or over. We may require you to show proof of age using an approved form of identification such as a passport, photo driving license or a valid proof of age card. Some venues have age restrictions covering certain times.
15. For the convenience of our guests, we reserve the right to terminate the party's holiday without compensation or refund, where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons in the holiday party might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests, our team members or staff. This may include but is not limited to verbal or physical abuse, and will be at the management's discretion.
Damage to the Accommodation
16. You are liable for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire and may be charged for it. We retain the right to enter the accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise, for example if repairs need to be carried out. All guests are expected to treat our holiday accommodation and park facilities with care so that others may continue to enjoy them. Any accidental damage must be reported to Reception immediately, so that we can make the necessary repair or replacement. Accommodation will be inspected at the end of a stay.
17. We aim to make our holidays and facilities available and accessible for all although many park locations and much of our accommodation is unsuitable for visitors with mobility issues. Please discuss your requirements with us in detail before making your booking to ensure that a holiday with us meets your needs and expectations.
18. e.g. for adjacent or specific accommodation these cannot be guaranteed but every effort will be made to satisfy them. When booking on-line, you will be allocated the first available accommodation unit or pitch. Any special requests or requirements must be organised through our Reception team on park. If you book on-line and want to make a special request after the event you will be charged a £20.00 administration fee.
Cots and High Chairs
19. These are available, on request at the time of booking, for a supplement of £12.00 per Cot, per week and £7.00 per break -£12.00 per High Chair, per week £7.00 per break .Please note that you will need to bring your own cot linen.
20. The fishing lakes at Trevella are stocked for coarse fishing, all you need to bring is a rod and a fishing license, which you can obtain from the post office or online, on arrival you will receive a permit from park.
21. We welcome well-trained dogs in selected dog friendly accommodation at our Park but dogs that are specified in the Dangerous Dogs Act are not permitted. This includes all breeds of Pit Bulls, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro even where these types of dog are muzzled. Additionally, we do not allow Rottweilers on park and some other large dogs. Please contact the park to double check that your breed of dog is accepted. We charge £35.00 per dog per week £25.00 per short break in our Holiday Homes or £3.15 per night for touring and camping pitches, with a maximum of two dogs per booking. We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered disruptive or affecting the comfort of guests to remove it from the Park. There is no charge for registered assistance dogs for disabled guests in our Holiday Homes or touring/ camping pitches. Other pets may be permitted at our discretion. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet at the time of making your booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) do not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere on the Park. They must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Pets are not allowed in central areas including children play areas, shop or swimming pool areas.
22. Smoking is not permitted in Holiday Homes, Geodomes, Safari or Ready Tents at Trevella. Smoking is not permitted in any of our public facilities.
23. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever. Speed limits in force on the Park must be followed for the safety of all our guests.
24. We accept no responsibility for information relating to local attractions, including details of distances, timings and activities. We provide this in good faith for information purposes only but make no recommendations in respect of any attraction, have not verified that the listed details are accurate or up-todate and accept no responsibility for any reliance by you on them. You must make your own arrangements (including, where appropriate, having any necessary insurance in place) regarding the attractions with the operators and local tourist board information centers. Where we list attractions on this website we do not do so as an agent for the owner or operator of any attractions and so have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you whether in contract or negligence as a result of any reliance on the information contained herein, or for any loss or damage suffered by you in visiting or purchasing any ticket for any such attraction.
Comments or Concerns
25. We will do everything possible to provide you with an acceptable standard of accommodation. However, if there is a problem please report it immediately to Reception so that remedial action, as appropriate, will be taken. We will use our best endeavors to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve the problem we may move you to an alternative unit in a similar or upgraded category if available. If, at the end of your holiday, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, please write to the Park Manager within 28 days of your return. You will then receive acknowledgement allowing us 14 days to investigate. The Company cannot accept any liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint during your holiday allowing us the opportunity to resolve any issues to your satisfaction whilst you are with us.
26. We accept responsibility for those arrangements for your holiday that are within our control, but we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party unless there was willful default by us, our employees or agents. Please note your personal belongings are your responsibility for any loss or damage. You must make your own enquiries and arrangements (including, where appropriate, having any necessary insurance cover in place) regarding the attractions with operators and local tourism information centers. Where we list attractions in this brochure we do not do so as agent for the owner or operator of any attractions and so have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you whether in contract or negligence on the information contained herein, or for any loss or damage suffered by you in visiting or purchasing any ticket for any such attraction.
Data Protection Policy