Mennabroom Farm Terms and Conditions
This booking contract is between SR & TJ Berrett, the owners of Mennabroom Farm Cottages . The contract will be subject to these booking terms and conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must over the age of 18 years at the time of
1. Accommodation - is available from 4pm on the first day of booking. By 10am on the day of departure, the accommodation must be vacated and the equipment, furniture and premises handed over in as good a condition as they were taken over.
2. Care of the property - you agree to (a) leave your cottage in good order and in clean condition as found, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied; (b) to pay for any loss or damage caused by you, excluding reasonable wear and tear, during occupation; and (c) to pay a cleaning/damages deposit of £50 per cottage when a combination of cottages are used together or at our discretion.
3. Number of persons using the cottage – there must be no more members in your party than the cottage is designed to accommodate and there can be no swaps throughout the
4. No Smoking Policy – all our cottages at Mennabroom are non-smoking. Smoking is not allowed under any circumstances. If evidence of smoking is found a charge of £100 will be made to cover cleaning and refurbishment costs.
5. Pets – pets are not allowed onto the furnishings or into the bedrooms and bathrooms. Pets must not be left in cottages unattended. Whilst we welcome pets it should be noted we are a farm with sheep and cattle, so pets must be kept on a
lead and under control at all times. They must not be allowed to foul anywhere on the premises. Accidental fouling must be removed immediately.
6. Right of entry – SR & TJ Berrett or their representatives to be allowed access to the cottages during stay.
7. Termination of Stay – SR & TJ Berrett reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance to other guests or are not treating the property with due respect. You are expected to maintain reasonable behavior whilst staying at Mennabroom.
8. Liability – The use of the accommodation and its associated facilities are entirely at the users risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury, and loss or damage to users or their belongings including vehicles, motor cycles, boats etc. The owners shall not be liable to you or any other member of your party for any loss or damage to you or your property however caused.
9. Children – The grounds contain large deep ponds and streams which are unfenced, children must therefore be supervised at all times when visiting these areas. These areas are some way from the cottages and there is a large garden for them to play in.
10. Cancellation – By making your booking our agreement is a legal contract and the deposit is non –refundable. In the event of a cancellation by telephone, which must be confirmed in writing, you will be liable to pay the total amount due.
If we manage to re-let the accommodation the re-letting price achieved will be returned to you less your 30% deposit.
Cancellation insurance is not compulsory, but it is strongly recommended to protect against the cancellation penalty 2.
11. Cancellation by Owners – We reserve the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have paid in full without further liability on our behalf. If for any reason the booked accommodation is not available; liability shall be limited to a full refund of the monies paid to SR & TJ Berrett. Alternative accommodation will be offered if available.
12. Amenities – Every effort has been made to ensure that all advertised amenities are available but no liability can be accepted for any omissions.
13. Final Payment – The final balance of the total cost of your stay is due eight weeks before the date on which it is to commence. Failure to ensure that such payment reaches the owners by that date may result in the cancellation of the stay and the cottage will become available.
14. Complaints – We above all want you to have a wonderful time at Mennabroom. If for any reason you have a complaint please let us know as soon as reasonably possible, and in any event before departure, to allow remedial action to be taken.
We undertake to repair or replace any faulty equipment with all due diligence. However, no claims will be entertained in respect of equipment which remains faulty beyond our control.