Luxury Loch Lomond Booking Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The rates are per week or short break as agreed for the lodge equipped as described. A security deposit will be held on your card until 7 days after departure. Should your property not be left in the condition you found it on arrival LLL reserve the right to debit the credit/debit card, as taken for a security deposit, for a cleaning fee. Should any items be accidentally broken or damaged guests are required to notify the Proprietors and pay for any replacement. Guests are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition, including patio and BBQ areas, on the day of departure when their lodge will be checked by the owner. The usual arrival time is between 2pm and 4pm unless otherwise agreed with the owners (subject to unavoidable delays prior to arrangement). Guests should vacate their lodge by 10am on the day of departure.
When a booking is submitted via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email. The payment of a deposit shall constitute an offer by the customer and a contract shall come into existence if and when LLL accept the booking by issuing a letter of confirmation by email or post. Once this confirmation has been sent you the hirer agree to these our Terms and Conditions. The person whose name is on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party including our Hot Tub guidelines.
Number of guests
Under no circumstances should the number exceed the capacity of the lodge as advertised in our literature without prior approval from LLL. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the number of people stipulated in the booking form is not exceeded. The hired property shall be used solely for holiday purposes and the Hirer shall not sub-let the property or any equipment hired to the Hirer. Lodges may not be used for parties or gatherings, whether planned or impromptu, involving more than the insured capacity of each lodge (six adults).
When forwarding your completed booking form the initial payment of 33% must be made to cover your booking deposit. All deposits are non-refundable. The balance of the cost of your holiday should be paid 6 weeks before arrival or if booking within 6 weeks of your holiday start date, payment should be made in full when making the booking. In the event of non payment on the due date LLL reserves the right to cancel a holiday and initial payment is forfeited. Cancellation The decision of LLL in all claims is final. If a re-let is obtained LLL will reimburse you for the full payment, minus your initial deposit, otherwise you will remain liable for the full cost of your holiday. All claims must be notified immediately, in writing, to LLL and must be supported by documentary evidence. LLL will seek to re-let the accommodation. Should you cancel your holiday after booking has been accepted by LLL, you will remain liable for the full cost of your holiday. LLL does not provide any such insurance as part of the contract. In unforeseen circumstances, if LLL has to close any of their lodges, LLL will offer you alternative dates to be taken within a 12 month period, however, no refund will be made. Guests are responsible for the arrangement of appropriate cancellation insurance.
Force Majeure (circumstance beyond the control of LLL) Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, LLL shall not be liable, for any changes, cancellations, effect on your holiday, loss or damage suffered by you or for any failure by LLL to perform or promptly perform any of their respective obligations to you which is due to any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond the reasonable control of LLL. By way of example, force majeure includes fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction or damage of the property by any cause (other than negligence of LLL) and all similar situations. In cases (for example where your booking has to be cancelled before departure due to force majeure) LLL will not be able to refund you any monies paid to LLL by you for your booking. No compensation, expenses, costs or other sums of any description (including without limitation the cost of securing an alternative property/ accommodation) will be payable in such circumstances by LLL to you. Insurance We highly recommend taking out holiday insurance. Most of the policies available provide for refunds in the event of cancellation or curtailment however there are always circumstances where the cover does not apply so do read and understand the wording on the policy document. www.comparethemarket.co.uk is a great tool to find the best holiday insurance deals. If you have taken out holiday insurance, you may be able to recover all or some of the monies you have paid to LLL for your booking through your travel insurance company.
The booking is made on the understanding that the lodge will be placed at your disposal on the date stated. Should this not be possible through events arising totally outside our control, for example, fire, theft or damage – and which force us to cancel your booking, we cannot guarantee to provide an alternative accommodation, in which case your booking fee will be returned in full, but you will have no claim against LLL. In the interest of continued improvement LLL reserves the right to alter or delete amenities or facilities either advertised or previously available, without prior notice.
Security deposit/Any shortcomings
No claims received by LLL out with the completion of your holiday can be considered. No claim can be considered for shortcomings not so notified. You are asked to notify any short comings in your lodge to LLL immediately, so that they can be remedied for you.The person who pays the deposit is responsible for the security deposit prior to arrival at £500 per lodge. The person who pays the deposit is responsible for for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay. Any damage or loss must be reported immediately to LLL, who will assess the damage. Guests will be liable to pay for any such damage. LLL reserve the right to debit your credit/debit card, as given as a security deposit, for any damages or breakages, up to 7 days after the date of departure. LLL will not be held responsible for loss or damage thereto from any cause whatsoever to guest belongings. All accessories and contents are left at your own risk including personal property, vehicles and boats. Hot tubs, saunas and play equipment are used at guests own risk. No claim can be made against LLL as a result of using hot tubs, saunas or play equipment.
We reserve the right not to hand over accommodation to any person/s who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge – in such case all hire monies will be refunded in full and the contract discharged, or not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behavior, damage to property or annoyance to other holiday makers – in which case a proportionate refund of the period remaining will be made, and the contract discharged.
We also reserve the right to enter any accommodation under special circumstances or emergencies.
HOT TUBS All we ask is that you respect the peacefulness of local residents and of your neighbours in the lodges around you. Therefore we do NOT allow music to be played outside the lodges. STRICTLY no noise please after 10pm as a courtesy to the guests in the lodges next door to you. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that all guests follow the guidelines, see below, provided in the lodge with regards to hot tub use and safety.
Please respect the privacy of other guests staying at the lodges and keep noise to a minimum especially between the hours of 10pm and 10am. Please be mindful of excessive noise when using the hot tubs.
We reserve the right to terminate your stay without any refund being due if you or members of your party or visitors cause a nuisance to the neighbours around the lodge or do not treat the lodge or the neighbouring properties with respect. Please notify us if you notice any problems with the hot tub. £50 charge if the tub has to be drained and refilled for any reason.
The hirer is responsible for ensuring that all guests read and comply with hot tub conditions of use and safety notices displayed in the lodge. You are responsible for your own safety whilst using the hot tub as it is unattended. Hot tubs are used at your own risk. No claims of any kind can be made against LLL as a result of using a hot tub. All reasonable care must be taken by you. Failure to observe these rules may result in the hot tub being closed. If broken glass is found anywhere in the hot tub area it will be closed immediately for safety reasons. Children must be supervised at all times. If the hot tub cover, liner, or any pool equipment is damaged you will be charged the full replacement cost. We make every effort to keep the hot tub open all season however it may be necessary to close it due to contamination, mechanical breakdown or other circumstances beyond our control. No compensation will be paid in these circumstances.
Hot Tub SAFETY
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tubs we request that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document.
HOT TUB HOURS STRICTLY 10AM-10PM We do not allow music to be played outside the lodges. There must not be any noise outside your lodge after 10pm as a courtesy to the guests in the lodge next door to you. Please respect your neighbours at all times. PLEASE NOTE to comply with HSE regulations the hot tub water is checked every morning usually before 10am. Please ensure the hot tub cover is closed when not in use.
· Shower with soap and water before using the hot tub. Showering washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, fake tan, creams etc which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water
• Never allow children to use the spa or hot tub unsupervised and when not in use, make sure the cover is on and secured. Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness. Children over the age of 4 using the hot tub must be supervised at all times
• At 37-38°C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. Never use the hot tub alone
· It is recommended that you have someone in the hot tub with you. Be aware of the amount of time you have been in the tub. Soaking in the warm water can raise your body temperature to dangerous levels. 15-20 minutes in water no warmer than 38 degrees Celcius is considered safe; if you want to use the tub for a longer period, take a break. Soaking in the warm water can dehydrate you, which could lead to nausea, dizziness, or fainting. Take breaks from the hot tub and drink water before getting back in.
• Do not use the hot tub if you have a medical condition without discussing it with your doctor first. Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their doctor. During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus so contact your doctor for advice before entering the water. We advise you not to use the spa or sauna if you are pregnant.
• Do not use the hot tub if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs as your judgment will be impaired and you could become unconscious and drown. The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness, raise/lower blood pressure and unconsciousness. We advise you not to drink before or whilst in the hot tub. Please use plastic glasses if taking a non-alcoholic drink into the tub. Do not consume alcohol in the spa and do not take beer bottles or glasses in the spa. Never use glass near/in the hot tub as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water
• Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal
• Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate
• Take care on the decking/hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg, muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady
• If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists contact to a local doctor or A&E
• People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition
• Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line
· No smoking is permitted in the tub
• Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub
• If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact a member of our team at the earliest convenient moment
NOTE TO hirer: It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety whilst using the lodge and hot tub. When your booking is confirmed by the payment of your deposit, you have agreed with our full terms and conditions of hire. You should to refer to the hot tub safety document, as above, for your safety whilst using the hot tub. The document is in the information booklet in your lodge, on our website and also situated next to the hot tub.
HOT TUB RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURES
Recommended temperature: 38 degress for normal use
Maximum temperature: 40 degress
TOO HOT FOR SAFE USE
Overuse or abuse will also cause the tub water to turn cloudy and will render the tub unusable. If this occurs the owners are to be notified immediately as the tub will almost certainly have to be emptied and refilled, which will deny you the use of the tub for at least 24-hours. Any abuse of the tub will result in a charge on your damage deposit. The owners take no responsibility for any illness or skin conditions that may arise from using the hot tub.