14. Hire Accommodation
1. Linen & Towels – Linen is provided and made up on all beds in Lodges, Apartments and Bungalows. Linen Packs are provided in all Caravan Holiday Homes and will be in the accommodation for your arrival but not made up. Towels and tea towels are included only with Lodge, Apartment and Bungalow bookings and these are for use within the accommodation and should not be taken off the Park.
2. Dogs – Dogs are only allowed in the designated dog friendly Lodges, Caravans and Bungalows and are not allowed on the furniture or soft furnishings. Dog beds are provided in Lodges. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per booking allowed. We make no charge for guide / assistance dogs and they do not count against the limits on dog numbers. We may ask you for reasonable evidence of your dog’s status, such as your Assistance Dogs ID Book. Dogs are charged at £40.00 each per week or £30.00 each for short breaks. If you take a pet into Hire Accommodation that is not allocated as dog friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80.00 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and/or asked to find alternative accommodation for your pet.
3. Cots and Highchairs – Subject to availability, Cots and Highchairs can be hired at a charge of £15.00 per booking each and must be requested at the time of booking. Cot bedding is not supplied.
4. Extras – Passes for unlimited use of Highlands End Leisure Club are complimentary for all Lodge and Apartment bookings at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks. This includes use of the swimming pool, sauna & steam room (over 18s only).
5. Cars – Most of our Hire Accommodation has 1 or 2 allocated parking spaces, while others involve parking in a nearby car park. Instructions will be provided upon arrival. Please advise upon booking if you wish to bring more than 1 car, or have any guests visiting during your stay.
6. Damages – You are held responsible for the contents of the Holiday Accommodation whilst it is in your possession. If you leave the accommodation in a messy or untidy state, you will be charged for the extra cleaning at an hourly rate of £22.00. All damages or losses are chargeable and should be reported to the Park Reception before your departure or you will be sent an invoice. Only 1 key is supplied per holiday accommodation and there is a £10.00 charge for lost keys. For any lost property, please contact the Park Reception as soon as possible as any lost property will be disposed of after 1 month.
7. Number in your party – The total number in your party must not exceed the maximum capacity of the Holiday Accommodation, as advertised.
8. Refuse & Recycling – All refuse and recycling must be placed in the bins located on the Park.
15. Glamping only
1. Pets - There are allocated dog friendly Premier Camping Pods and Safari Tents, with a maximum of 1 dog per booking. Extra charges of £25 per dog per week or £15 per dog per short break applies. If you take a pet into Glamping Accommodation that is not allocated as dog friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80.00 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and/or asked to find alternative accommodation for your pet.
2. Linen – Bedding & Linen is included and made up for your arrival in Safari tents. In Premier Camping Pods, Classic Camping Pods and Stargazer Bell Tents, this is not included but Bedding & Linen Packs can be added for £16.50 per double bed and £12.50 per single bed. These must be pre-booked and the pack will be in your accommodation for your arrival, but beds are not made up. Alternatively, you can bring your own bedding, sleeping bags, pillows etc.
3. Refuse & Recycling – All refuse and recycling must be placed in the bins located on the Park.
16. On the Parks
1. Dogs – Dogs must be kept on leads at all times while on the Parks, with the exception of the enclosed dog exercising areas at Highlands End, Graston Copse and Larkfield Holiday Parks. Dogs must not be left unattended at any times on the parks or in cars / holiday accommodation. All dog fouling on the Park must be cleared up and bins are provided around the parks for this purpose. Subject to clause 27, no liability can be accepted for damage or injury caused by them. We do not allow any dangerous breeds as per the Dangerous Dog Act 1991. No other pets are permitted, unless agreed at the time of booking.
2. Vehicles – The Parks have a speed limit of 10mph, which is strictly enforced. Traffic movements are restricted after 11:00pm to minimise disturbance on the Parks. We do not permit the use of any non-road legal motorised vehicles e.g. mini scooters, quad bikes etc. All vehicles on the Parks must be taxed, insured and have passed MOT regulations. All motoring laws which apply to the highway, also apply on the Parks. Please take care and do not drive on the grass during wet weather or the winter period.
3. Wi-fi – Wifi is available on all of our Holiday Parks and is free of charge at Sandyholme Holiday Park and in Lodges and Apartments at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks. Our wifi is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home. Please ensure you can view the login page before purchasing wifi from your Park reception as this service is only refundable for any full day on which the Park’s wifi service is not accessible by any users on the Park.
4. Facilities – All facilities are open from 1st March to 30th November but open times may be restricted outside of these dates.
5. Retail outlets – anyone who appears to be under 25 years old will be asked to provide photographic identification in our retail outlets if necessary. We only accept passports and photo driving licence as forms of ID. Parents and guardians are responsible for ensuring that anyone under their care under the age of 18, does not consume alcohol on the Park.
6. Highlands End Leisure Club – The Leisure Club is open to holidaymakers staying at any WDLH Park. Other than holidaymakers staying in Lodges or Apartments at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks, there are extra charges for use of the Leisure Club. The Leisure Club rules must be adhered to, which can be viewed at the Reception. The sauna and steam rooms can be used by over 18s only and a parent/guardian permission form must be filled out to allow 15 to 18 year olds to swim without supervision. Children under the age of 15 must be supervised by an adult swimmer but please note there is no spectator area and 1 adult can supervise up to 3 children. We do not employ lifeguards. Please see the opening times for the adult-only swim times.
7. Martin’s Bar & Restaurant – Rooms within the Bar & Restaurant are sometimes reserved for private functions. The management reserves the right to suspend or change the opening times and entertainment without prior notice. The outdoor play area is for children aged 5 to 14. The Little Fire Station Soft Play is for children aged 6 or under, who must also be under 130cm tall. Charges apply and the rules can be found at Martin’s Bar & Restaurant. Only alcohol and food purchased in the Bar & Restaurant can be brought into the building.
8. Fires & BBQs – There are strictly no fire pits or open fires on any of our Parks. Disposable BBQs must not be used on holiday accommodation decking. They must be raised off the ground using bricks, which are available on the Parks, and safely located in accordance with any instructions we give you. The use of fireworks and lanterns on the Parks is strictly forbidden.
17. Safety – When you arrive, please ensure you read the safety advice about the West Dorset coastline. Please note that for your security, CCTV is operated on the Parks at key locations. Parents/guardians must ensure that children using bicycles, scooters, skate boards, roller skates &/or other similar equipment must wear a helmet at all times and not use the equipment in prohibited areas.
18. Photography & filming – Other than members of the WDLH team, the use of drones on our Parks is not permitted, in accordance with the Drone Code issued by the Civil Aviation Authority. Drones must not take off or land on land owned by West Dorset Leisure Holidays and must not be flown within 50 metres of people, vehicles or buildings. We regularly take photographs and videos for promotional purposes and we occasionally receive requests from third parties to film on the park. Should you not wish to appear in any material, please pay attention to the notices we put up when pictures are being taken. Whilst we cannot guarantee to avoid taking photographs at particular times or in particular places (subject to clause 24), it is also helpful to let the Park Reception know.
19. Limitations – Photography in the children’s play areas, Highlands End Leisure Club and the Little Fire Station Soft Play is prohibited.
20. Customer Access – If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff at any time. For your benefit, we have customer assistance packs at all Park Receptions, as well as in Martin’s Bar & Restaurant and Highlands End Leisure Club. These contain useful items to assist you, such as large print menus, pen, paper and magnifying glasses. Our Access Statement is also available on our website. Some Holiday Accommodation may be more suitable for those with disabilities – please speak to our Bookings Team on 01308 426947.
21. Site Licence – You must observe the conditions of the Site Licence, a copy of which is available in every Park Reception.
22. Exclusions – Neither WDLH nor any employee servant or agent shall be liable for any loss of, or loss or damage to any property including tents, awnings, motor vehicles and motorcycles or the like or any death, injury, loss or other damage, directly or indirectly sustained by or occasioned to any person, unless caused by our negligence.
23. Negligence – No clause in this contract shall limit our liability for damage or loss caused by our negligence.
24. Liability – We shall not be liable to you for any Force Majeure Event. For every day on which a Force Majeure Event means you are unable to stay with us, we may choose to either give you a pro rata refund or allow you to book another day’s holiday with us without charge.
25. Force Majeure Events – A Force Majeure Event means any circumstance affecting our business which is not within our reasonable control including, without limitation:
(a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
(b) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
(c) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors;
(d) interruption or failure of utility service.
26. Termination – If you commit a material breach of these Terms & Conditions, which is not capable of remedy, then we may cancel your booking on such notice, if any, as is reasonable. A material breach of the quiet enjoyment or comfort of other people staying on the Parks is one example of such a case. If you commit any other breach of these Terms & Conditions which is capable of remedy then we may give you a written notice to remedy the breach within such time as is reasonable in the circumstances. If you fail to do so, we may then cancel your booking on such notice, if any, as is reasonable.
28. Interpretation – “WDLH” is short for West Dorset Leisure Holidays, the trading name for West Dorset Leisure Holidays Limited, Highlands End Farm Caravan Park Ltd, Graston Copse Holiday Park Ltd, Sandyholme Holiday Park Ltd and any associated companies.