Holiday in Dorset
White pebble beaches, clear waters and stunning clifftops make Dorset a truly beautiful place to holiday in the UK. This is a county where the pace of life is easy, the towns are pretty, the countryside is lush, beaches are stunning and the sights are immense. It's a haven for fossil hunters, and watching the sunset over the beach here is an experience you’ll never forget. Take an easy meander along the A35 and find yourself in one of the UK’s most spectacular holiday destinations. While there is plenty to explore inland, it’s the coast of Dorset that really draws visitors. And who can blame them? 3,000 miles of dramatic clifftop walks and coastal paths showcase the most spectacular scenery and turquoise waters – and, with more sunshine hours than much of the UK, you’ll quickly feel like you’re in the Mediterranean!
Holiday Properties in Dorset
We offer an exciting and varied range of holiday properties in Dorset, including traditional seaside cottages and contemporary barn conversions, surrounded by the best of the county's coastal and countryside scenery. If you're looking for a self-catering holiday in Dorset, you're sure to find what you want in our hand-picked collection of superb holiday homes.
Dorset is a place of beauty in the south-west of England, with a variety of sandy and white pebble beaches, nature reserves and marine parks. It's also home to one of the world's largest natural harbours in the town of Poole, and if you haven’t visited the Jurassic Coast, you have no idea what you’re missing. Top of your to-do list should be Lulworth Cove. Whether you’re sunbathing, walking or rock-pooling, it’s easy to lose several hours here – just don’t forget to pop into The Boat Shed Café for a cream tea with a view. Head to Lyme Regis for its pubs, restaurants and quirky gift shops. If you’re a history buff make time for Corfe Castle or Sherborne Abbey, and don’t leave the area until you’ve seen the iconic arch of Durdle Door or found a prehistoric fossil on one of the beautiful beaches.
Things to do in Dorset
The walk down to Durdle Door is quite something. This natural limestone arch proudly protrudes from the sea – making for some epic waves and crashing foam!
The Dorset beaches along the Jurassic Coast are great for prehistoric hunting or join a fossil hunt with experts from the Lyme Regis Philpot Museum.
For stunning clifftop walks with exceptional views, head to Golden Cap (the highest point of Britain’s South Coast) and follow the National Trust’s circular route.
5 Reasons to Book a Holiday in Dorset
1. Try to catch one of Dorset’s family-friendly festivals. Camp Bestival and Midsummer Music Festival in Blandford Forum are a lot of fun for all the family.
2. This is an area that is perfect for walkers, golfers and swimmers, and for watersports enthusiasts, Dorset has it all.
3. For spectacular history, take a day trip to Corfe Castle. Enjoy clambering amongst the ruins before heading into the charming town of Corfe for a cream tea.
4. It's the best place in the country for prehistoric fossil finds and you can learn a great deal about ancient history in an organised fossil hunt.
5. The sea air is said to have health benefits. You might think you’re not an outdoorsy person, but a stroll on the clifftops will make anyone feel truly alive!